![]() |
| sigh.... |
But things are looking up as I have come too the conclusion that two variations on dip-dying may actually suit me, yaay!
Option 1 -Ombre hairThis is the trend that was big during the summer and had nearly every kind of celeb taking part. I don't think it needs much of an explanation but it is where the tips of the hair will be lighter and brighter in contrast to the roots, BUT it should never raise the question as to when you last had your roots done. So always think chic not cheap.
You can either go with the subtle, well blended tones of Whitney Port or the Jessica Biel approach of high contrast. Personally I love Whitneys as her hair looks so thick and luscious compared to Jessicas which looks thin. I think for this trend to work you have to embrace the nature of it, as a loose, relaxed and sexy style, but be wary of not going over board by making it look forced and too constructed, which I think has happened to the celebs who's tones are too contrasting.
However I have heard that this can ruin your hair and having particularly thin hair all ready, is it just asking for trouble?
Option 2- Feather Hair Extensions
I think that they are simply gorgeous and as soon as my Canadian friend mentioned them to me I have been simply obbsessed! There is a fantastic range out there now of natural colours, which are meant to be fairly simple to install as they use a small micro ring, which is clamped to the hair. Pretty standard. Apparently they can last up to 6months depending on the care and aren't actually that expensive! You could wear them sleek and styled like the photo above or go with a shaggy primitive style similar to the Topshop fall 2010 runway show with all the woodland creature-so many options!
After searching through the internet I am doubly tempted to buy them as I am convinced that I will instantly feel like Pocahontas or a warrior princes and as an even better plus it may even make my hair look thicker.
Now all I need to decide is what colour palette to pick!
Love you for looking!





I've actually been researching feather hair extensions! I'm really keen to get them but have just been thinking over the logistics of having them - would they get wrecked by putting your hair up tight when you're working out? Would they be appropriate for work? Ahh, I dont know, but if you're in a good place to get them you definetly should - they'd look amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love ombre hair! I think it looks really good!
ReplyDeletehttp://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/
Yes I know exactly what you mean, I always shove my hair up so I dont no if i could live with out doing it! I think im going to bite the bullet and dye it, and just put it on an intensive conditioning course!
ReplyDeleteyou look fraeaking awesome !
ReplyDeleteyour blog is so great ,full of fashion elements, I like all these pictures you posted , I also enjoy reading what you wrote ,and I have followed you ,can you follow me ? It will be my pleasure if come and pay a visit . Kisses . :)
http://romwe-romwe.blogspot.com
Those feather extensions look great! I LOVE dip dye, my flat mate's just done it and her hair's about your length so you'd probably be able to pull it off! xx
ReplyDeletewww.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com